Thursday, May 10, 2007

Leadership conference in Komi

In April I had a chance to enjoy Komi weather and see my wonderful Komi friends in Syktyvkar! Adam Davis and Equip held another conference in the main city of Komi Republic and I didn’t hesitate a minute to take a 48 hour train ( and another 20 hour one) to go there and help to organize the conference – I know such conferences are a felt need there as well as everywhere in Russia. For those of you who have never heard of Million Leaders Mandate it’s a global initiative to train millions of Christians around the world with the necessary leadership skills to effectively pursue the Great Commission in their communities, workplaces, and churches.
The third leadership Equip conference took place on 6-7 of April and leaders from Syktyvkar, as well as from other towns and villages of Komi Republik were encouraged and taught and fed ( both spiritually and phisycally)
It was both a busy time for me and a time of refreshment. I was encouraged to see my friends from different protestant churches participating at the conference and the fruit in their lives. I am always thankful to God when I hear that the materials they get at the Equip conferences are used and some small or large groups of people are being trained here or there. It means that one day I will take another couple of trains to get there and do what I can to help the 4th conference in Syktyvkar happen.